Communicate your Feelings, be aware!
Here to help !
FeelingsChat is now published on Play Store.
The Minimum Viable Product (MVP) was deployed to the public in January, 2020 on Google Play Store. The MVP is with the just enough features to benefit the target Users for communication of their feelings and engaging in the designed mental wellbeing activities of the app. The MVP of the app (Version 1.0) meet up with the project Aims and Objectives. It is capable for use, to provide feedback for the scheduled future development of the app.
About FeelingsChat App
FeelingsChat offers users the unique and easy features for communication of feelings and emotions in real time to care community with many in-app access tools and resources for managing human mental health. The app is a user companion and lifestyle app. It is informative, educating, personal activity tracker, engaging and fun to use
To download FeelingsChat, click from below
See it in action- Easy to use
Following our earlier stipulated release date in our various publications, which was later scheduled for January 2020 of this year 2020.
FeelingsChat is designed and develop creatively to impact the global community positively, as a unique means of communication of feelings and emotion in real time and a vital tool for managing mental health. It is well designed to remove silent tears of loneliness!
The Needs for FeelingsChat App
Our emotion experiences are diverse.
The call to duty for FeelingsChat is breaking barrier of emotion silent tears and helps in keeping ourselves informed and aware in our global community
Human feelings tend toward two sides, positive and negative and are acquired through experience.
FeelingsChat brings alive the effective communication of feelings and emotions that are acquired through human engagement in real time. Having inventory of the well-defined records and access to in-app care features to help manage individual mental health are given highest priority.
Hence, the app combines real time functionality and location aware technology.
Quote from the Developer:
"When we choose to bury our feelings, we act differently, but when we express how we really feel, problems get solved, relationship issues get resolved and life is easier"
Exiting Features of the App
The app gives users the unique access to communicate their feelings in real time and receive care responses from other users.
Communication of feelings is simplified with user access to categories of different daily engagement and categories of feelings with the their associated emotions sub-categories.
The app keeps users informed of their environment and also help users to benefit from the daily experiences of other users.
It is a very good platform to be part of a care community where depressed, abused voices could be heard and also an accessible environment for maintaining positive mental health
The Get-Help feature of the app allows users to learn more about Feelings, Emotion, Mood Abuse, their indications and hints various hints on how to live a depression-free life.
The app gives interpretation of human feelings in conjunction with colours and emojis interpretation of each aroused feelings. Hence users have opportunity to gain better insight on how to portray colours and how these could affect their living.
It is well designed to spark up users’ day with their engagement with others in conversations by exchanging their feelings and emotion experience with accessible tool for sharing of media.
Keeping track of feelings overtime is the core benefit of the app. The inventory feature of the app is a default access that automatically store chat information which the user only have control over. This inventory feature is used to look back at user's mental wellbeing overtime.
Impacts of each screen to the entire App Goal
- The Log In
Log in to use the app
- There are two access button from the Log in screen to the Sign Up screen
- The 'Sign Up using the Google account' button reduces user's entries on sign-up screen. Last name, First name, Email address and Profile Picture are copied to the required field from user's google account
- The provided email and phone number are used by user to Log in into their account and also used to retrieve forgotten password
- The location access- Country and State are used in personalising user experience to their location. Some of the app feature might not be available when user's choose not to allow location access
- The Sign Up
Sign Up to be eligible
- The Log In screen is the access screen for user to Log in to use the app
- To Log in, user need to enter the Email address and Password that was used during registration while Signing Up for the app
- The sign up is a must process for new user before they log in.
- The "Forgot Password ?" button is user's access button for retrieving their forgotten password
- The Home
View happening(aware) and get engaged with other users post with the forward arrow on each post
- The Home is the screen where all status update that's declared public under privacy setting of the Status Update' screen appears
- The Home is the summary of all the public posts from all the app users.
- To engage (comment) with any of the user's Post /Feelings chat, user need to click the forward arrow
- To delete self-post on the home screen, navigate to Profile, click on the "more action" icon under the post Privacy. Select delete from the drop down.
- The Home is one of the access screen to: invite other users; Get-help features where users learn more about Feelings, emotion, mood, abuse and their indicators; as well the tips for maintaining good mental health
- The Home give access to other interesting features of the app, such as: "Inventory", "Complaint and Feedback", "Block Users List", Settings and Logout. All these are contain in the "More options" (three vertical icon) of the home screen
- The Status Update
Communicate your feelings
- The Status update is the platform where user's compose their feelings comprehensively and more understandably with predefined fields without much intervention
- Access to lists of user daily engaging activities. These engaging activities are the subject of interest for user's stimulated feelings and aroused emotion
- Access of predefined lists of feelings with sets of corresponding lists of emotions to choose from
- Access to text field, where user's has the benefit of describing their feeling experience and relating the selected engaged activity, stimulated feeling, aroused emotion and the attached media together in few words
- Users have the option to choose their privacy as either Public or Private(Only Me).
- Private privacy restrict user status update to be view only by them.
- The last step is optional. This is attaching photo or video that support the reason for the stimulated feelings and aroused emotion or that describe the stimulus
- The User's Profile
View profile, see all self updated status and responses from other users
- The User's profile is the screen where all post appear irrespective of the chosen privacy.
- Here, only the user has the access to the information on their profile, even when search by other users.
- The "Photos and Videos" is the store place for self uploaded photos and video
- The "About Me" is the button that access the information supplied under "About me" section of the Sign Up. This information is accessible to other user when searched. It is editable under the settings screen
- To delete or hide post, use the "More option of the Post privacy on each post on the user's profile.
- The Inventory
Manage your mental health with the accumulated records on the inventory
- The Inventory shows the list of user's feelings status update without considering the chosen privacy
- The inventory is not accessible by other users and doesn't include comments from other users
- The records on the inventory over time, can be use to for managing mental health. This can be achieved by user by either continue with those engagements, activities, relationship that boost their mental health or refrain from those things that seen as treats to their mental health base on the inventory list. More over, the Psychologist are to find this inventory helpful in their studies of human behaviours.
- This Inventory can ease the studies of the Psychologists on human mind and behaviours.
- The Settings
Be in Control
- The Settings is user control screen that allow user to Edit their personal information, change profile picture and deactivate their account at their willing
- The provided username and Email address during registration are not editable because they are unique to individual accounts.
- The Get-Help
The Get-Help is the resource center of the app. It is access points for both learning and interaction in group where common interest are being shared and challenges being resolved
Other exiting features of the app
- 'About Feelings, Emotion, Mood and Abuse' screen broaden users understanding on feelings, emotion, mood and abuse. It shows how theses terms relate to one another, their differences, effects and their indicators.
- Learn the Tips for Good Mental Health is also a special feature of the app where user learn the tips for maintaining good mental health.
- FeelingsChat Care Community Group (FCCG) is a platform where request are being sent before being eligible to join the group of choice. These groups have different goals but they all aimed on good mental health.
- The Complaint and feedback
- Invite New Users
- Block other user functionality
Understand the 'Why'?
- The need to use FeelingsChat will be cutting across our society because of its many benefits. Be among the early adopter and endeavour to rate us. We are committed to continuous integration and development on this course.
- Do you know that you can help others, and get help in returns with your public status update. Let's explain this..
- Creating awareness of personal feelings experience might safe others from impending danger. Likewise, celebrating our happy moment with our loves can easily be extended using the public post privacy. Use the app Invite icon to build a loving group by inviting love ones to join feelingschat. Be an ambassador of our care community
- Depending on decision of engaging with the app. You can use the app as your feelings and emotional diary. Here on FeelingsChat, i refer to it as mental health tool instead of emotional diary because of the richly features embedded. If the decision is to use the app unnoticed, then, go solo by using private status privacy
- The use of colours to interpret human feelings- In line with the earlier project research on the interpretation of human feelings and emotion with colours, we incorporated and justify each type of feelings and their sub-category set of emotion with different colours as follow: Loving- Pink; Appreciated- Light Green; Exited- Yellow; Sad- Dark Purple; Scared- Light Red; Mad- Red; Abuse- Black